Originally released in 1958, this remastered album features the amazing Les Toubadours Du Roi Baudoin, a Congolese choir, under the direction of Father Guido Haazen, A Fransiscan Friar.
Also in 1958 they toured Europe with great success and sang with The Vienna Boys Choir. The album features the Missa Luba (African Mass) on the first six tracks, followed by some traditional Congolese songs.
Long before Ladysmith Black Mambazo this choir were enchanting audiences worldwide and introducing the world to the sounds of Africa.
6. Agnus Dei
Traditional Congolese Songs
7. Dibwe Diambula Kabanda (Marriage Song)
8. Lutuku and A Bene Kanyoka (Emergence from grief)
9. Ebu Ewale Kemai (Marriage Ballad)
10. Katumbu (Dance)
11. Seya Wa Mama Ndalamba (Marital Celebration)
12. Banaha (Soldier's Song)
13. Twai Tshinaminai (Work Song)